Saturday, July 25, 2009

XTimeline

After working for an hour or so on this web app, I'm discouraged with the editing. It is cool (free) app, but not completely user friendly... especially with elementary students, I'm thinking. I could not find an easy way to organize the timeline in a different order. I tried using the time of the day to help with sorting... but it doesn't seem to sort like that. The exact time feature is also confusing... they don't have a zero in the numerals to choose and I never saw where the time appeared on the timeline, either. I can see this being fine for timelines of folks lives or major topics spread out over years... but I wanted more minutia and detail. It is cool that it is embeddable and easy to share. So... for my initial idea of a time line of the child's day... not sure if I'm digging it for this. I'd still use the Tom Snyder Timeliner software if available... you just can't share it as interactively on the web. ahhh... the trade-offs of technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment