Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Journey Begins

Yes, I am going to start the journey. My learning is exploding. I'm using more and more social networks like twitter and facebook and google docs. I feel like I'm weird to some of my closest friends. How can I document this change? How can I attempt to even remember things that I learn on a daily basis? This may be a start. So... this afternoon, I worked with a colleague to help her understand googleforms and I also helped her set up her igoogle page. Wow... bringing one closer to my world. I learned today that you can have a google account and not have gmail. Wow... I just assumed that you had to have it all. Go figure! I also learned about a new wiki tool. I found this tool while researching Turn Homeward, Hannalee lesson ideas from Linda's Links. I found the most incredible wiki created by 6th graders and their teachers, of course. It made my lesson today so much better with my book group where I'm using a wiki. I need to remember to learn more about this wiki tool... check out Hannalee wiki

Tommorrow morning is the "think tank" group for ACPS. We are meeting at Cville Coffee. What do we hope to experience in an hour? The search and exploration of social networking within our district. Watched a great video this afternoon on the future of Social Networking.

I have no idea how to post this video... let me try. I think I just posted it. Wow... it is the beginning. Adding that to what I learned today!

dokuwiki?? comparing wikis... I just learned how non-technical I really am... wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment