Sunday, September 25, 2011

Google Searching or Cracking the Code

So... I fight with my family about Google all the time. They are irritated at me for not being irritated at Google when it picks up key words and does my thinking for me... or predicting ... or searching. I am very trusting and they are very skeptical. Maybe I should worry about my digital footprint more than I do. Oh well... I have to confess that I have made the statement "google is making me stupid" but I don't really believe it. Instead, I love how I can find almost anything that I'm thinking about via a google search. Not to mention images, translations, news, etc. I will say that it makes the art of skimming and scanning a serious hobby!! So... what I want to remember from what I've learned today is pointers from this article. Yes... I've argued w/ a certain family member about checking link-backs to websites for some type of verification or proof of who they are and what they are about (learned about this from Alan November). So... yes, it's here in this article as well. I've learned that I do know some things worthy of sharing... even if they don't want to agree... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment