Monday, November 30, 2009

Students as Contributors or Provoking Thought!

Alan once again makes great points on myths and assumptions of our world today. This video is so right on and it just depresses me to even think of how I can make a difference... but I must. I feel as if teaching has been my calling in life... I am much happier with my work than many people appear to be. Is this because I feel the value of my life's work in making life-long learning a goal for everyone in my classroom or in my workplace?? I wonder. Does having a job where you truly contribute to others such as teaching really make a difference?? As an instructional coach, Will posing the right questions, having the pointed conversations, and posting things such as this video really make a difference? Can I really teach kids and other colleagues the real value of critical thinking... or better yet, do I even understand how to keep moving forward in the ways that the world requires today. Thought provoking... this is simply thought provoking. What I learn every day can be simply stated as thought provoking. But... starting with the thought of students as contributors is easy for me to grasp. In our communities, our families, our schools, our states, our countries and our world... we must start with citizens that contribute. to be continued. must think.

No comments:

Post a Comment